With the start of CSU’s annual Ag Day upon us, the fifth annual Round-Up at the Fort welcomes the Fort Collins and CSU communities to come together at concerts, a football game and by watching pro riders get bucked off the backs of bulls.

This year, Round-Up at the Fort teamed up with the CSU Alumni Association and Ag Day to bring the community-centric events to the city in celebration of the university and state’s agricultural history, said Wes Sargent, Round-Up at the Fort chairman.

“(The Round-Up at the Fort) is still growing but people here are asking when it is, and they are so excited about it,” said Erica Schuckies, director of Communications, Marketing and Sponsor Relations with Round-up. “We’re bringing something unique that hasn’t been brought to the community beforehand.”

“Rounding up Northern Colorado’s western heritage” is the main focus of the Round-Up, Schuckies said, and the Professional Bull Riders Enterprise Tour exemplifies that focus.

According to the Round-Up Web site, this professional bull riding tour “is the newest competitive series and features current and upcoming PBR Stars.”

Sargent said there will be nearly 80 bull riders and 50 rides a night, starting tonight at 7:30 p.m. and continuing through Friday night.

Funding for the event comes from concessions, ticket sales and sponsors such as Wrangler, Coors, Toyota Peterson and Ranch-way Feeds, among many others.

General Admission tickets are on sale for $15 at the B.W. Pickett Equine Center, located at 701 S. Overland Trail.

After Thursday’s bull riding, a live country concert featuring music by Woodie Procell and the Snowy River Band will be hosted at the Adams-Atkinson Building, which is located behind the equine center. Admission is free for patrons who attended the night’s bull riding and $5 for those who do not have a ticket stub.

Other events include Art in the Barn, for which 40 Colorado artists will display their artwork at the Equine Center and CSU’s 28th annual Ag Day BBQ, featuring live music from Kenny Cordova and the Olde Rock Band, as well as a football game against Weber State Saturday.

Ag Day celebrates CSU’s agricultural customs and proceeds fund scholarships for agricultural science students at CSU.

Marcus Walbin, a senior communications major, said he is excited for the upcoming events.

“Ag Day and the (football) game is always a great weekend,” he said. “By adding bull riding into the mix, things can only get better.”

Staff writer Justyna Tomtas can be reached at news@collegian.com.