Authors: Collegian Editorial Board

Dear President Obama,

School districts tried to shut you down, but you pressed on. Caring mothers and fathers reached for their children’s eyes and ears, but it was too late.

On Tuesday, you tried relentlessly to conquer the minds of our innocent schoolchildren from coast to coast.

Via classroom TV and computer screen, you tried insidiously to brainwash the youth of America with your leftist, neo-liberal rhetoric of progress and responsibility.

As you well know, Mr. Obama, high school graduation is, and always has been, a value perpetuated by socialist pigs whose antithetical agendas have driven this nation for decades.

How can you justify telling our children there is “no excuse for neglecting your homework or having a bad attitude?” Or asking citizens to “fulfill (their) responsibilities?”

There are plenty of excuses for neglecting homework, Mr. Obama, namely praying to historically prejudiced deities, supporting costly wars or discriminating against minorities. You’re rhetoric is both off-point and irrelevant during these Godless times.

Furthermore, if we ignore Reagan’s 1988 town hall-style speech to high school students or H.W. Bush’s 1991 speech to students urging them to stay in school and off drugs, there is no precedent for U.S. presidents meddling in our childrens’ education.

So how dare you attempt to impart the importance of education to our country’s future?

Clearly, Mr. President, your speech was nothing more than a bleeding-heart, blue-state, socialist attempt to turn our kids into a generation of health care-desiring, environmentally-friendly, civil rights-championing Obama Youth.

Shame on you, Mr. Obama. Shame on you.