Authors: McNamara Katelyn

The Rocky Mountain Showdown’s move to Boulder this year means a large number of CSU students will be staying in Fort Collins Sunday, yelling at their TV screens instead of black and gold clad Buff fans.

Luckily, for the more social Rams, there are plenty of places around town to yell at TV screens together.

With seven big-screen HDTV’s showing the game and food and drink specials for all spectators, Buffalo Wild Wings manager Jason Bradley said his restaurant is the “official watch party of CSU athletics.”

Bradley suggested that fans arrive by at least 4 p.m. in order to be guaranteed a seat. Buffalo Wild Wings is giving back to the university by donating 10 percent of all food sales during the game into the CSU scholarship fund.

When CB & Potts bar manager Terry Suber was asked if her venue was planning on holding any type of event during the game she responded with “Oh, are you kidding? It’ll be huge! This is a big game day for us.”

Suber said she expects the popular microbrewery and restaurant to be packed, and she too suggested fans show up early. She said all ages are welcome for the food and drink specials and 20 plus television sets until 9 p.m., when Potts will switch over to its usual age 21 and over nighttime restriction.

Manager of Old Chicago’s in Old Town, Joanna Hennessy, said she thinks happy hour and pizza specials will bring in the crowd.

“The bar just fills up with people watching the game,” Hennessy said. “It’s always huge. People come a couple hours before the game and set up camp.”

Even the Lory Student Center’s own Ramskeller will be open for business with its own in-house specials from about 4 p.m. until the end of the game.

News Editor Jim Sojourner contributed to this report.

Staff writer Katelyn McNamera can be reached at news@collegian.com.