Thousands of CSU’s newest Rams made their home at the university officially Thursday night during the annual Ram Welcome Experience CSU! event.

The carnival, along with rides, games, inflatable obstacle courses and free food from local restaurants around Fort Collins created an atmosphere where new students were welcomed to campus and made their first steps toward graduation, event coordinators said.

According to the Ram Welcome Web site, this event “is a campus-wide collaboration co-coordinated by the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs and Orientation and Transition Programs in the Center for Advising and Student Achievement.”

It is designed to assist incoming students with the transition into CSU and provide a place to get to know other students, faculty and CSU staff, according to the Web site and event officials.

“The purpose (of Ram Welcome) is to create a positive welcoming environment for the new students,” Sonja Jensen, director of Greek Life and carnival co-chair said. “What we’re doing here is welcoming them to campus with fun things going on that will help acclimate them while their families are still here.”

Friday, at Ramapalooza, students stood witness to fire breathers, bands and other entertainment and played laser tag and carnival games with new friends and family.

Staff writer Justyna Tomtas can be reached at news@collegian.com.