Yays and Nays

Jun 302009

Yay | to having a university-wide holiday on Friday. But then again, who really attends a Friday class when the Ramskellar is clearly open.

Nay | to trees falling on cars in the Oval. What’s next, tornadoes coming from the west?

Yay | to the Fourth of July and the fireworks that come along with it. But beware kids, fireworks can be dangerous. Just ask the South Park guys about snakes.

Nay | to four celebrity deaths this week. I mean seriously, give us fans a break. MJ, Farrah, Ed and Billy will be missed.

Yay | to ultra scam artist Bernie Madoff getting 150 years in prison. Oh hey Bernie, how good is your $65 billion now that you have a 10 by 10-foot cell?

Nay | to the West Nile Virus still being a pest to humans. This is just more evidence that mosquitoes are useless creatures.

Yays and Nays

Uncategorized  Add comments
Jun 302009

Yay | to Gov. Sarah Palin resigning from her frigid Alaskan post. But nay to the frightening revelation that she may run for president, despite how exciting it may be for comedians and journalists alike.

Nay | to former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve “Air” McNair being shot and killed in Nashville. This loss took the “Air” out of our sails.

yay | to leftover fireworks from the Fourth of July celebration. Now your neighbor can annoy you late at night for another month.

nay | to finals this week for second session summer courses. But hey, it’s another excuse to hit up the Ramskeller.

yay | to free music on campus at the Lagoon Summer Concert Series. Hopefully the weather will hold out because the Underwater Lagoon Summer Concert Series doesn’t sound as appealing.

Nay | to the Rocky Mountain Showdown tickets being $72. I don’t know about those rich Boulderites, but we Rammies need to save our money for important things — like good beer.