Jun 232009

Authors: Matt L. Stephens

The CSU football team will be getting a solid addition to their team this summer as UCLA redshirt sophomore running back Raymond Carter has decided to transfer to CSU.

At 6 feet, 210 pounds, Carter played in seven games for the Bruins during the 2008 season, recording 29 yards on 25 carries and a touchdown.

When he graduated from Los Angeles’ Crenshaw High School in 2007 —— the same Crenshaw Cougar class that produced current CSU safety Elijah-Blu Smith – he was ranked the No. 3 all-purpose back in the country by Rivals.com.

During his junior and senior seasons combined he rushed for over 3,000 yards, earning him scholarship offers from UCLA, USC, UC-Berkeley and Arizona. He even has his own fan site: RaymondCarter.org.

“I just want to let the fans know that I’m excited to join the family at Colorado State and I’m going to do my best to make this program to be how they used to be when they were a top 25 team every year,” Carter told GoldandGreenNews.com on Friday. “I’m just ready to get started and showcase my skills and help the team out so they can be the best they can be. We can win a conference championship and maybe get that BCS bowl bid.”

Due to NCAA regulations regarding transfers, Carter will have to sit out the 2009 season, but will have two years of eligibility remaining starting the 2010 season when the Rams open their schedule by playing host to CU-Boulder.

Sports Editor Matt L. Stephens can be reached at sports@collegian.com.