Authors: Justin Warren

Intensity, energy and a will to win is something every coach desires in his or her players, and no athlete was more fired up and energetic when stepping onto the court than CSU volleyball player, sophomore Jacque Davisson.

During the 2008 season, the Placentia, Calif., native appeared in 93 of 122 matches for the Rams wearing the number 10 green and gold jersey.

“I think (the season) went well, getting the opportunity to start after playing a back-roll position my freshman season,” Davisson said. “So coming back in the fall and improving my vertical test and strengthening my ability to play got me on the floor.”

The 5-foot-11 outside hitter collected 181 kills out of her 595 attempts in 2008, which ranked fifth on the list under senior Mekana Barnes’ 382 kills, senior Jamie Strauss’ 323, freshman Katelyn Steffan’s 251, and junior Tessa Nelson’s 190.

Davisson also compiled 191 digs, third most behind junior libero Katelin Batten and senior setter Ashley Fornstrom, while blocking 47 kill attempts from the opposition.

In her 93 matches, Davisson served up 28 server’s aces to the other side of the net bringing her total points for the season to 237.

“I was very pleased with the way I played. Of course there is always room to improve and we will be looking for a better season next fall. I think, overall, last season it was my consistency passing in the front row that kept me on the court.”

Staff writer Justin Warren can be reached at sports@collegian.com.