Authors: Jim Sojourner

Tonight students of all shapes and sizes are going to strip to their skivvies, throw their garments in a pile and take a lap around campus in the name of charity, fun, and to give a metaphorical middle finger to social norms.

The second annual CSU Undie Run starts on the Lory Student Center Plaza at 10 p.m. tonight, and according to the Facebook group Web page, the event is all about rebelling against the system that gave you that early morning final Monday morning.

Students are encouraged to show up, rip off their clothes — all of which will be donated to Goodwill –/and take the run from the LSC to the Oval, up Laurel Street, down S. Loomis Street, across the LSC fields and back to the Plaza, all in very scantily clad fashion.

Josh Heuerman, one of the event’s organizers and administrator of The Second Annual CSU Undie Run Facebook group, said the run is for people who “just want to have a little fun before finals, blow off a little steam” and donate something to charity.

“It’s killing two birds with one stone,” he said.

Fellow organizer and Facebook administrator Chandler Stewart agreed with Heuerman and said the run is unique because it’s about showing some pride for CSU, donating some clothes and “enjoying life that way.”

Heuerman said about 500 people showed up for the run last year, which he said was quite a crowd for the event’s first year, and Chandler Stewart said he expects to see close to 700 or 800 people tonight.

Regardless, Heuerman said the event will be a success if participant numbers are even about the same as last year’s.

In the future, Heuerman said he would like to get the school to sanction the run and perhaps even sell sweatpants or T-shirts. Stewart said he would like to see the run turn into a nightlong event perhaps featuring some live music.

A link to the route map can be found on the Facebook group Web site at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=72924502321 and in a Web post, Stewart consoled those who might think the route is too long.

“Don’t worry,” his post said. “The idea isn’t to go fast, just to go skimpy!”

Assistant News Editor Jim Sojourner can be reached at news@collegian.com.

Undie Run

When: Tonight

Where: Lory Student Center Plaza

Time: 10 p.m.