Authors: Stephen Lin

After crashing into another car and plowing into an empty building, three people, including a CSU student, were arrested Wednesday evening according to a Fort Collins Police Services press release.

Tyler Gottfried, a freshman undeclared major, Garret Jalving and Kyle Lindgreen, both of Fort Collins, were arrested on a variety of charges.

Gottfried was arrested for obstructing police, underage consumption of alcohol and violation of protection order. Jalving was arrested for underage consumption of alcohol. The driver, Lindgreen, was arrested for vehicular eluding resulting in bodily injury.

After receiving several REDDI (Report Every Drunk Driver Immediately) reports, officers found a 2005 Ford four-door truck driving westbound on Prospect Road near the intersection with College Avenue. The truck ran over the concrete median turning left onto College and an officer attempted to stop the vehicle. As the truck sped away, the officer chose not to pursue the vehicle because of the danger to innocent bystanders.

The truck then rear-ended a 2002 Subaru station wagon, which was pushed into another car. No one in either vehicle was injured.

The driver then turned into a parking lot at the corner of Rutgers Avenue and College Avenue and crashed into a vacant building, the former home of Safelite Autoglass.

Two of the occupants fled from the scene but were arrested by officers on foot while the third occupant was arrested as he exited the truck.

Lindgreen and Jalving were transported to Poudre Valley Hospital after their arrest where they were treated for injuries sustained after their truck crashed.

Lindgreen will likely face more charges with the Larimer County District Attorney after the investigation is completed.

Crime Beat reporter Stephen Lin can be reached at news@collegian.com