Authors: Shelley Woll

Candidates for student body President/Vice-President and Senate candidates were released Friday at 5 p.m. for the 2009-2010 school year.

There are four tickets for President/Vice President including:

-current senators Conrad Miller and Jake Donovan

-Shaun Reed and Melisa Panagakos

-Daniel Gearhart and Tim Hole, and

-Andy Moores and Paul Wade.

All candidates except Wade are currently involved in the Associated Students of CSU.

The ASCSU Election Committee forbids any candidate from interviewing with local media until the campaign period begins on Monday, March 23 at 8 a.m.

If violated, a complaint will be filed and those candidates will be fined, according to ASCSU spokesperson Matt Strauch.

Zane Guilfoyle, head of the ASCSU Elections Committee, said fine amounts are “up to the discretion of the (committee).”

There are 33 people running for senator positions for their respective colleges.

The College of Liberal Arts has the most contenders, sitting at 12 candidates for its six Senate seats.

Warner College of Natural Resources had no applicants.

A total of 37 Senate seat are open.

This year’s election saw the highest turnout of grad school applicants ever.

“We had a record turnout in grad school candidates,” Strauch said. “This year we have two, but usually there’s none.”

The first event for the candidates will be the Plaza Debate on Friday, March 27 from 11 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.

Current ASCSU President, Taylor Smoot, warns candidates this could be a rough month for them from now Election Day.

“I had to take out loans from my family members and basically miss a whole month of school,” Smoot said.

Voting will be available for students Monday, April 6 at 8 a.m. through Wednesday, April 8 at 4 p.m.

The results will be announced Wednesday, April 8 at the conclusion of the 6:30 p.m. ASCSU senate meeting.

ASCSU Beat Reporter Shelley Woll can be reached at news@collegian.com