Authors: Justin Warren

The CSU women’s basketball team travels to Colorado Springs this afternoon to take on Mountain West Conference foe Air Force Academy (4-13, 0-4 MWC).

The Rams are coming idd one of their worst loses of the season to Utah, 74-48, last Saturday afternoon.

“We did not have good effort at the beginning and we got too focused on trying to score rather than focusing on the little things,” said senior captain Kandy Beemer.

“We were pretty much dead and not focused,” said guard Zoi Simmons.

During the holiday break, the Rams collected three wins against Prairie View A&M, South Dakota and UNLV, but lost to Creighton, Texas-San Antonio, TCU, BYU and Utah.

“Our UNLV game was our best game of the year that we won on Wednesday,” said head coach Kristen Holt. “We had our best game and our worst game in the same week.”

The Rams currently sit at 6-11 on the season, but tonight they will be taking on a Falcon team that has only one victory in their last 10 games and sit in last place in the Mountain West.

“I am just ready for another win,” said Simmons. “We just have to go out there and know we can win.”

Since MWC play began Jan. 7 with a loss to TCU, the Rams are 1-3 in conference which puts them in a tie for sixth place with UNLV.

Next home action for the Rams will be the Wyoming Cowgirls on Jan. 24 at Moby Arena.

Women’s basketball beat reporter Justin Warren can be reached at sports@collegian.com.