Authors: Madeline Novey

Daniel Price, a 20-year-old Fort Collins man who was arrested in July for vehicular homicide after he hit and killed a CSU staff member, was scheduled for a possible disposition on Nov. 7 at 10:00 a.m. at a court hearing Friday.

According to the Virtual Court House on the Larimer County Web site, a disposition is the resolution of a case, without a trial.

The Collegian was unable to reach officials in the District Attorney’s office for comment.

The hearing, which officials in the District Attorney’s office called a “progress hearing” in September, was the second of two hearings in the case to-date.

Price was arrested for driving under the influence and vehicular homicide after he hit Rebecca Allen, an adviser in the Department of Journalism and Technical Communication.

Price and Allen’s families were both present at the hearing.

On July 22, Price was driving on W. Drake Road when he hit Allen and a friend, who were riding bicycles, from behind.

Allen was taken to Poudre Valley Hospital where she later died from her injuries.

The second bicyclist, Jennifer Garvey, was taken to the Medical Center of the Rockies where she was treated for severe injuries.

According to a Fort Collins Police Services report, both riders were wearing helmets at the time of the accident.

Senior Reporter Madeline Novey can be reached at news@collegian.com.