Authors: Elyse Jarvis

Two Fort Collins brothers were taken into custody by Fort Collins police yesterday afternoon on suspicion of robbery, auto theft and the kidnapping of a 47-year-old woman at the Foothills Fashion Mall.

The armed brothers, Haven Cory Baros, 26 and Xavier Quinn Baros, 21, allegedly abducted the unnamed victim Wednesday between the hours of 7:30 and 10:55 p.m., when she was able to call her husband to report the incident.

After driving around, the woman was released in a Weld County field near Nunn where she walked to a resident’s home to contact the sheriff’s office.

The woman was unharmed.

Fort Collins police located her stolen car, a green 2008 Lexus SUV, at 3 a.m. yesterday morning in the Trinity Lutheran Church parking lot on East Stuart Street.

Waiting police observed a male entering the vehicle at 1:30 p.m. He surrendered without incident, according to a Fort Collins police report. A second man was apprehended from a home at 124 East Stuart St. shortly after and was also taken into custody.

The Baros brothers are currently being held at the Larimer County Detention Center after having been booked on charges of aggravated robbery, a class 3 felony and second-degree kidnapping, a class 2 felony.

Additional charges may be forthcoming, police said in a release. The investigation into the incident is ongoing.

The Collegian will post more information as it becomes available.

News Editor Elyse Jarvis can be reached at news@collegian.com.