CSU sports kick tail

Authors: Collegian Editorial Board

For those of you who thought a weekend with no CSU football game was going to be the worst thing since Pierce Brosnan in “Mama Mia!,” think again.

This weekend, the CSU volleyball, cross country and cycling teams had us jumping and screaming until our lungs were sore.

Volleyball played host to the North Carolina Tar Heels at Moby Arena Friday night, sweeping them 3-0.

The team went on to take down the Florida Gators, the No. 8 ranked team in the country, 3-0 in Moby Arena Saturday night. In case you haven’t heard of the Gators, you should know that they are pretty much the prime rib of college athletics. Yeah, they’re a big deal.

In the mean time, the men’s and women’s cross country teams both placed first in their only home meet of the season at Hughes Stadium on Saturday.

If those two combined weren’t enough for you, in comes the cycling team, winning the Collegiate Cycling Track National Championships in Colo. Springs on Saturday.

The football team may have started off the year on a sour note — losing the Rocky Mountain Showdown 38-17 and barely pulling off an overtime game against Sacramento State last weekend — but with the volleyball team bringing in their 19th straight home win, there’s a lot in store for the green and gold.

Have no fear sports enthusiasts — it’s going to be a great year.