Authors: Kelly Blek

Magic and reality go head-to-head as magicians plan to shock and awe audiences during a four-day convention in Fort Collins.

The 15th Annual Magic in the Rockies Convention, hosted by PrestoDigitators, brings 300 magicians from all over the world to perform for local citizens as well as attend a convention to learn tricks and improve their magic.

Today there will be free, pre-convention public performances at 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. in Old Town Square featuring attending magicians.

A Junior Showcase will take place at 10 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 5 at the Lincoln Center.

For this event, Poudre school district children will be bused in to watch other young musicians perform.

This event is not open to the public.

A public, ticketed performance on Saturday, Sept. 6, at 7:30 p.m. at the Lincoln Center will feature well-known magicians.

“Some are magicians who only perform at venues in Las Vegas and Hollywood,” said Lew Wymisner, vice president of PrestoDigitators. Tickets for this performance range from $10 to $22.

Throughout the week, the magicians will be staying at the Marriott, where tables will be set up and lectures will take place.

“This convention aims to bring magicians together to learn, and to bring magic to the public,” Wymisner said.

Staff writer Kelly Bleck can be reached at verve@collegian.com.