Showdown the right way

Authors: Collegian Editorial Board

Ram fans, it’s time to get your football on.

On Sunday, our CSU football team will take on CU-Boulder in the annual Rocky Mountain Showdown at Invesco Field in Denver. As this is the biggest and arguably most important game of the season, the Collegian Editorial Board would like to offer a few tips to ensure a successful football experience.

Dress to impress

Folks, this one should be a no-brainer. Help “greenout” the student section by putting on your favorite Rams gear, or, even better, your “Forever Green” t-shirt. For you more adventurous folks, bring out body paint. Take it from us — the crazier you get, the more fun you’ll have.

Tailgate

This one’s simple. Find a friend with a truck and bring a grill. For even better results, bring some buffalo burgers so you can “eat the competition.” Can’t find a truck? No problem. Bring some lawn chairs and chill out anyway. If you can wrangle it — and if you’re of age — bring an extra six-pack to trade for some grub. Nobody wants to watch the game on an empty stomach. Remember, however, to tailgate responsibly. Nobody wants to see Rams spending the night with Denver police — we need you inside Invesco cheering on the team.

Find a designated driver

If you must drink, as we know many of you will, be safe about it. Make sure you know how you are getting home before you crack open your first beer. Driving under the influence is both dangerous and extremely expensive if you are caught. Be smart.

Have fun

It’s the first weekend of the semester and the most exciting game of the year. Let loose and have a blast. Go Rams!