Jul 222008

How many CSU students does it take to make a green event?

If you’re talking about an event the size of the Democratic National Convention, you’re looking at a pretty hefty number.

CSU’s Live Green Team is looking for 520 able-bodied members of the CSU community to do an unthinkable task in the quest for DNC “greendom:” They want volunteers to root through the political waste — literally — in an attempt to reuse or compost 85% percent of the trash generated by the event.

So far, the Team has 310 members signed up and ready to go for the event, but they still have a long way to go. That’s where you come in.

Registering to help out is as easy as jumping on the Internet and stopping at the Live Green Team Web site at www.livegreen.colostate.edu.

Free transportation to and from the event will be provided to volunteers, as well as nifty T-shirts, water and hand wipes on the way back.

Sure, it’s a dirty job, but it’s a small price to keep Denver clean and green. And it’s a great way to get a front row ticket to the happenings at the DNC.

If you aren’t down to get your hands dirty at the DNC, though, there are still plenty of other opportunities to get involved. The team’s Web site is full of opportunities to get out and make our Fort Collins communities a little greener, most of which require minimal time commitment.

So get out and get your hands dirty, CSU. Our planet needs you.