Authors: Shayna Grajo

The first-annual CSU Sustainability Week, including the Earth Day Celebration and Open Your Mind Fair, begins Monday, April 21, to celebrate community efforts toward environmental sustainability. Event programming will include daily environmental education presentations across campus and is sponsored by Housing and Dining’s Live Green Team, the University Counseling Center, and the President’s Office.

The Earth Day Celebration and Open Your Mind Fair, a conjoined exposition, begins Tuesday, April 22, on the Lory Student Center Plaza. The event will feature vendor booths, live entertainment, prize giveaways, informational programs and interactive displays.

This is the first year the University Counseling has partnered with the Live Green Team to present the fourth-annual Open Your Mind Fair on Earth Day, in conjunction with the Earth Day Celebration. The event’s theme, “Healthy Planet, Healthy Mind,” aims to recognize links between personal and planetary wellbeing.

Alcohol screenings, stress tests, sex trivia and a “green dates” exhibit will be offered as hands-on health resources for students. Eco-specific vendors and informational exhibits will provide resources for topics such as composting, used clothing exchange, energy efficiency and waste reduction.

The Earth Day entertainment line-up will include dances, tai chi and yoga demonstrators, a performance by the blue grass group Mojambus, and a recycled fashion show sponsored by Fashion Group International. In addition, the winners of the RecycleMania housing competition will be announced.

Sustainability Week lasts Monday through Thursday, April 21-24. More information on the Sustainability Week events can be found at www.green.colostate.edu. All events are free to students and community members.