Authors: Collegian Staff

After Wednesday’s rainout against Northern Colorado, the Rams head to New Mexico to resume conference play with a weekend series against the Lobos in Albuquerque.

CSU (20-14, 1-3) and UNM (17-14, 2-2) will play an evening game Saturday with the first pitch scheduled for 7. Sunday, the two teams will wrap up the series with a 1 p.m. start.

The Rams began conference play last weekend against rivals Utah and Brigham Young. They won the first game of the Utah double-header 13-9, but lost the second game 7-2 on Thursday. Senior third baseman Lauren Cusick hit three home runs in the two games. CSU then traveled to Provo, Utah, for two games against BYU Friday, dropping them both.

The Lobos are 17-14 overall and 2-2 in MWC play, which places them third in the conference.

They dominate their opponents in their home park, with an 11-3 record at Lobo Field. Freshman Gabriella Parra leads UNM in batting average and runs batted in. Parra is batting .368 and has driven in 27 runs. Senior Lindsey Elcess has hit nine home runs to lead the Lobos in that category. Kelly Ninemeier leads the New Mexico pitching staff with a 3.58 ERA and a 12-9 record, pitching 115.1 innings.

When the Rams finish in Albuquerque, they will return home to play the rescheduled Northern Colorado game on Wednesday, April 16 at 3 p.m.

Next weekend, the Rams will host UNLV in a double header Friday and San Diego State on Saturday and Sunday.

CSU (20-14, 1-3 MWC) @ New Mexico (17-14, 2-2 MWC)

Lobo Field, Albuquerque, N.M.

Game 1: Saturday, 7 p.m.

Game 2: Sunday, 1 p.m.

CSU leaders

Average: L. Cusick .386

Hits: C. Stem 44

RBI: L. Cusick 31

HR: L. Cusick 14

Wins: C. Billman 7

ERA: E. Daugharthy 3.32

Strikeouts: R. Penland 52