While many students are sleeping in and nursing hangovers, another, more motivated crew of CSU students will be entering the Fort Collins community armed with a simple mission Saturday — to make our host city a slightly nicer place to live.

Entering its 12th year of operation, CSUnity will yet again host CSU students, alumni and community members in daylong service projects all around Fort Collins, ranging from assisting the elderly in yard clean-ups, making our parks more beautiful by cleaning up litter, to reconstructing children’s playgrounds.

Typically, this program, hosted by the office of Student Learning, Involvement and Community Engagement typically hosts more than 1,000, and hopes are that this year’s turnout will be even better.

The participants are students from all walks of campus life — Greeks, athletes and faculty members — bound by their commitment to service and our community.

The Collegian would like to offer our sincere kudos to the SLiCE office and our fellow motivated Rams who have registered for this year’s event for their willingness to sacrifice their Saturday to make our little Northern Colorado a little more pleasant of a place to live.

You folks make all of us look good, and for that, we can’t thank you enough.

And for those of you who aren’t participating this year — it’s time to get with the program.

The registration deadline is long since past for this year, but you can always go out and do some service on your own.

Help keep Fort Collins the “Choice City” — volunteer your time to keep our community a wonderful place to live.