Authors: Shannon Hurley

In celebration of CSU’s 12th annual Holocaust Awareness Week, three Colorado residents and concentration camp survivors will share their stories Monday night at the annual Survivors Panel presented by Students for Holocaust Awareness and Hillel.

Beginning at 7 p.m. in the Lory Student Center Main Ballroom, Holocaust survivors Jack Adler, Eric Cahn, and Andre Mark will speak about their experiences and the aftermath that followed.

Such stories remain important in the promotion of religious tolerance across the country and here on campus as Molly Zwerdlinger, president of Students for Holocaust Awareness, believes anti-semitism is not a viewpoint of the past.

“This is obviously something that we haven’t learned our lesson from yet,” Zwerdlinger said. “The Holocaust is actually repeating itself. It is not something that has ended.”

Zwerdlinger is grateful that the CSU Community will have the opportunity to hear the real-life experiences of the panelists in person. Audience members will also have direct interaction with the survivors, as a question and answer session will follow their dialogues.

“This is going to be the last generation that is going to be able to hear survivors speak from World War II,” Zwerdlinger said. “It’s imperative for people to take this opportunity to be able to hear this because if they don’t the stories are going to be lost.”

Staff writer Shannon Hurley can be reached at news@collegian.com.