Authors: Matt L. Stephens

The CSU women’s basketball team set two program records for futility in Wednesday night’s 76-41 loss to Texas Christian. The 15th loss in a row and the 22nd defeat of the year are the most ever for a program that dates back to 1974.

CSU (2-22, 0-11) was simply out of sync against the streaking Horned Frogs, who have now won five in a row.

The Rams finished the game with 22 turnovers, shot 2-9 from the 3-point line, had their third worst overall shooting performance of the season (23.3) and did not have a single player score in double digits.

“We just can’t think about that stuff,” Rams’ freshman forward Elle Queen said of the records. “We just have to work on getting better and whatever happens, happens. We just have to come together as a team and keep working hard-it’s all you can do.”

Destroying CSU’s shooting percentage was its missed lay-ups.

“I think if we would have hit our lay-ups when it was 3 to 3 at the first media timeout, it could have been 10 to 3.” Rams coach Jen Warden said. “… I think for me it’s a lot more difficult to put a defensive team together than it is to finish a lay-up, but you have to be able to do that to finish games.”

Missing the high percentage shots was one aspect of the game that hurt the Rams, but so was TCU’s ability to hit contested 3-point attempts, fast break baskets and quick shots off the screen.

The Rams return to action Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Air Force Academy.

Sports writer Matt L. Stephens can be reached at sports@collegian.com.