Authors: Cece Wildeman

Presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton will address the public 3:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Auraria Campus in Denver.

Collea-Devi Gotz, a Clinton campaign worker in Larimer County, hopes the senator will address issues such as education and the economy.

Gotz, a CSU alum, said she understands the frustrations about curriculum and tuition that come with being a college student. She believes Clinton will make changes in the costs of tuition and the curriculum of schools if she is elected.

There are currently corporate conflicts in American education that affect the costs and curriculum, Gotz said.

Clinton has visited over 80 countries and they all respect her, which is something that the United States really needs right now, Gotz said.

“I don’t think there is a male candidate that has done that,” she said.

Gotz believes that Clinton will be able to change our economy from a military-based economy to an education and trade-based economy.

“What is your future going to be like, what do you want it to be like?” Gotz said, urging young people to attend Clinton’s speech as well as other political events.

The campaign organizers were informed about Clinton’s speech with very little notice. Gotz said this could be something that Clinton’s campaign organizers in Washington D.C. or Virginia did for security issues.

“It’s public. It’s open. It’s free. Everyone is invited,” she said.

Staff Writer Cece Wildeman can be reached at news@collegian.com