11 in a row

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP)- TCU coach Gary Patterson stopped short of giving his offense rave reviews – but he acknowledged that they got the job done.

Backup quarterback Marcus Jackson rushed for two touchdowns and threw for another to lead TCU past Colorado State 24-12 Saturday night.

“We are going to need a better fourth-quarter offense if we want to beat the people we want to beat. But we got 24 points on the board again,” Patterson said.

Jackson was 11-for-26 passing for 137 yards and carried 17 times for 38 yards.

TCU’s Aaron Brown, who has been slowed this season with a knee injury, rushed for 113 yards on 20 carries. It was his fifth career 100-yard rushing game.

“I thought I kept my speed up, and we knew it would get a little easier as the defense wore down in the fourth quarter,” said Brown, who gained 35 yards in the final period.

Colorado State (0-4, 0-1) scored on its first possession when Jason Smith booted a 47-yard field goal.

“We played well enough on defense to win,” said head coach Sonny Lubick, whose Rams lost their 11th consecutive game and have the nation’s second-longest active losing streak.

Colorado State finished the scoring on Smith’s 27-yard field goal and Caleb Hanie’s 54-yard touchdown pass to Damon Morton. The two-point conversion failed, leaving the score at 24-12 a minute into the fourth quarter.

The Rams host San Diego State University 3:30 p.m. Saturday at Hughes Stadium.

——————————-

Quote of the game:

“Kyle Bell was the mainstay of our running game. But I think when John Mosure went in there you could see a little spark. He hit the hole a little quicker. But besides the running backs, we have to be a lot stronger on the offensive line.” – Coach Lubick on why Mosure started the second half in place of Bell.