Girls Night Out

Authors: Nikki Cristello

Girls can get great deals on food, clothes and even fine jewelry this Friday from 4 to 8 p.m. in Old Town.

Girls Night Out happens around Mother’s Day and Christmas. The event gives women in Fort Collins an opportunity to get dressed up, if they so choose, and shop ’til they drop with other women.

Balloons will mark the participating Old Town businesses starting at 4 p.m.

Twenty-two businesses and restaurants from Old Town are participating by offering free products or great discounts for ladies.

Tula Contemporary Women’s Clothing will be offering 10 percent off all purchases.

“It’s a great time to come downtown to shop the specials,” said Beth Stephens, Owner of Europa Salon and Spa.

Europa will be offering 20 percent off any purchase of $100, for every $100 spent. This can be used on gift certificates, products or both. Services will continue to be offered until 6 p.m., but the salon will stay open until 8.

Bisetti’s Italian Ristorante will be offering antipasti platters set up at a bar reserved for girls.

The Right Card will have an appetizer table and 25 percent off all jewelry. Amanda Miller, event director at the Downtown Business Association, said the event offers a diverse array of products from the many different businesses.

“I think it’s a great way for everyone to come downtown and enjoy the kickoff of the spring season,” Miller said.

From fine jewelry to florists and even a nail salon, the event aims to encourage people to come downtown to do their shopping and dining.

The Downtown Business Association and the Fort Collins Coloradoan sponsor the sixth semi-annual Girls Night Out.

Staff writer Nikki Cristello can be reached at verve@collegian.com.