Read more about the Shooting…

“Today, our nation grieves with those who have lost loved ones at Virginia Tech. We hold the victims in our hearts, we lift them up in our prayers, and we ask a loving God to comfort those who are suffering today.”- President George W. Bush at a press conference on Monday afternoon

“Today the university was struck with a tragedy that we consider of monumental proportions. The university is shocked and indeed horrified.”- Virginia Tech President Charles Sterger reacting to the incident

“Violence has once again taken too many young people from this world. In Blacksburg, they were daughters. They were sons. They were our nation’s new leaders. We mourn them. We will miss them, and we pray for their families and the injured fighting for their lives.”- U.S. Sen. Barack Obama’s comments, which were posted on his Web site

“On this day of national tragedy, when we lost some of our finest to a senseless act, we stand together as a country to mourn those who lost their lives.”- Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani in a statement

“This is a community tragedy. This is something we will never get over.”- Blacksburg Mayor Ron Rordam in a community statement.

“After the Columbine High School shootings on April 20, 1999, Colorado came together as a family. This enabled the students, the school and the community to heal. I know the Virginia Tech community will do the same, and I know that Coloradans will offer everything they can to help.”- U.S. Sen. Ken Salazar, who was the Colorado Attorney General during the Columbine Shooting.