Behave like a Ram

Welcome Rams to another year full of athletic events and tradition here at CSU. As ASCSU president, I am committed to ensuring the best experience for all Colorado State students.

As part of that experience, I hope that you enjoy some of the university’s traditions, including fall football games at Hughes Stadium, athletic events at Moby Arena, Homecoming, the President’s Fall Address and much more. Our tradition continues this week with the first home football game of the season against Weber State. Ram Pride, in conjunction with positive school spirit, is a critical part of our tradition.

As students, we are representatives of CSU – and that role extends into the community during athletic events. While we rally around Ram athletes, encourage each other to practice good sportsmanship and most importantly take care of each other.

While attending football games at Hughes Stadium, sporting events at Moby Arena or away games, I encourage everyone to represent the Rams as enthusiastic, respectful and supportive fans. We want everyone to have a great time, but in order to do so we need to make sure we are not acting in a manner that will negatively affect others.

If you are 21 and choose to drink, please do so responsibly and make sure to take care of yourself and each other. The university expects all students to exemplify integrity and act in a way that is respectful to everyone and in an adult manner. We want to limit the amount of destructive acts and poor behavior. I want to make sure we are all representing the university and ourselves as best we can.

While you are wearing green & gold and singing the Fight Song and “other school-spirited songs,” be excited and enthusiastic to represent CSU and make sure to show all the Ram Pride you can. Go Rams!

Jason Green

ASCSU President

senior

psychology major