July 4th events

Jun 272006

Fort Collins Fireworks at City Park

-Fireworks will begin at approximately 9:35 p.m.

-Festivities begin at 6 p.m. with the Fort Collins Symphony beginning at 8:15 p.m.

-Parking will be limited at City Park, however there will be free shuttles from the Downtown Transit Center in Old Town and Moby Arena.

Loveland Fireworks at North Lake Park located at 29th Street and Taft Avenue

-Fireworks will begin at approximately 9:15 p.m. and will last approximately 30 minutes

-Festivities begin at 12:30 p.m. and will include various musical acts with the 80-piece Loveland concert band starting at 8:00 p.m.

-Visitors can pay a fee to park at nearby Loveland High School or park on one of many streets nearby.

Greeley Stampede Fireworks at Island Grove Park located between 14th and 11th Avenues in downtown Greeley

-Fireworks will begin directly after the Big and Rich Concert at approximately 9:45 p.m.

-Festivities begin at 9 a.m. as part of Greeley Stampede. The day’s events include a western art show, carnival, and rodeo.

-Parking is $5 or $7 and can be found throughout the park.

The penalty for possession or use of any kind of fireworks in the city limits will result in confiscation of these fireworks, and issuance of a summons into municipal court. The fine for fireworks violations has increased from $100.00 to $250.00 effective January 2006.

Press Release from Rita Davis Fort Collins Police Services June 5

/ Due to current fire restrictions, fireworks of any kind are not allowed in unincorporated Larimer County (areas that are not in city limits).

/Fireworks are never allowed within Fort Collins city limits.

/ Fireworks that do not leave the ground or explode are still allowed in Loveland.

Doug Lee, assistant fire marshall, Poudre Fire Authority