Authors: Kathryn Dailey

Don Fry, vice president for Development and Advancement, announced Thursday his plans to resign, effective July 1.

Fry, who has served at CSU since 2004, is resigning to pursue other career opportunities.

“It is not without remorse that I have decided to leave Colorado State,” Fry said in a press release. “However, I intend to explore other career opportunities outside the university.”

Fry served as director of Advancement at Purdue’s College of Engineering before joining CSU. He was also an associate professor and worked in alumni relations and admissions. Prior to his involvement there he retired as a major from the U.S. Army.

Before his departure Fry, who is one of five vice presidents at CSU, will continue to advise CSU President Larry Penley to help the university transition smoothly.

“We appreciate Don’s hard work and dedicated service to the University, and we wish him the best for the future,” Penley said in a press release.

Joyce Berry, dean of the Warner College of Natural Resources, agreed to assume the role with the Board of Governors’ approval. Her transition will begin April 1.

“Dr. Berry is an accomplished fundraiser, an alumna and a tireless champion for Colorado State University,” Penley wrote. “She has the passion, enthusiasm and integrity – as well as the administrative experience and knowledge of our university – to assure that our development programs will succeed.”

Kathryn Dailey can be reached at campus@collegian.com