Authors: Erin Skarda

The commons area in the basement of the Lory Student Center was invaded Tuesday with a sneak peek of some featured designs from this year’s annual student apparel design show, “Fusion: a synthesis of style.”

Six models showcased student-created garments and strutted throughout the LSC promoting the show, which takes place at 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday in the Main Ballroom.

“(The apparel design show) is pretty diverse this year, ranging from lingerie to formal wear to snowboarding gear and a theatre line,” said Jessica Owens, a senior merchandising major and member of the show’s garment committee. “It’s going to be quite a show.”

The show is a runway presentation of original apparel lines created by 24 students in the senior capstone class for the apparel design and production concentration in the Department of Design and Merchandising.

More than 100 garments will be presented at this year’s show, which demonstrates the individual talent and style of each designer.

“(This year) the clothing is actually wearable,” said Katherine-Claire O’Connor, a model for the show, adding, “I would totally buy this,” in regards to the white dress with a pink sash titled “Elizabeth” that she wore Tuesday.

Tickets are $6 for students and $12 for non-students and are available at the Campus Box Office or at the door on the nights of the show.

Erin Skarda can be reached at manager@collegian.com.

—–

“Fusion: a synthesis of style”

When: 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday

Where: Lory Student Center Main Ballroom

Cost: $6 for students, $12 for non-students

Tickets are available at the Campus Box office or at the door the nights of the show.

See next week’s Verve for full coverage of the student apparel design show.