Authors: DREW GONZALES

Freshman softball pitcher Kim Klabough helped the Rams improve to 19-9 on the season by throwing a perfect game against the University of Jacksonville on Saturday night. Klabough had 12 strikeouts en route to recording her second victory of the day.

Klabough’s perfect game came toward the tail end of a lengthy Spring Break road trip in which the Rams played 10 games in nine days. It was her 11th win of the season.

CSU struggled during the first part of its road trip, losing five of the first six games, including a 4-2 loss to the eighth ranked California Golden Bears.

The Rams were tied with California through five innings until rain postponed the finish. When play resumed the next day, Cal scored three runs in the sixth, while the Rams could only score once the rest of the game. Their offensive struggles against Cal symbolized the early part of their road trip in which they lost five games by a combined score of 23-7.

CSU was able to find its offense in the Capital Classic Softball Tournament. Against Illinois, they exploded for 12 runs and defeated the Illini by 10. The Rams racked up two more victories against Columbia and Jacksonville, giving them three consecutive victories heading into a game against Southern Utah, the final game of the road trip. After a nail-biting 1-0 win, the Rams were officially on a winning streak at four straight.

After a busy spring break, CSU will not play again until April 1 when they head to Albuquerque, N.M. to play in a double-header against the New Mexico Lobos.

Drew Gonzales can be reached at sports@collegian.com.