South Dakota law is clear

The world has been in the dark about a terrible breach of human rights that has been going on for more than 30 years. For the past 33 years, about 48.6 million people have been brutally murdered. Still going on today, approximately 3,500 people lose their lives every day at the hands of trained killers. It isn't going on in the bush of Africa or the sands of the Middle East, but down the block from where you live.

South Dakota did not ban abortion to begin "full-scale warfare on women's rights." That a woman has a right to choose is a basic inalienable right. South Dakota merely defined the fetus as a member of our species. It legislatively made a baby a person, making abortion akin to murder. A woman does not have the right to murder her children. If the editorial staff had read the news, perhaps they would have come across the South Dakota bill, HB 1215. I quote:

"The guarantee of due process of law under the Constitution of South Dakota applies equally to born and unborn human beings, and that under the Constitution of South Dakota, a pregnant mother and her unborn child, each possess a natural and inalienable right to life."

The fact is, too many people are afraid to stand up for the most vulnerable and most helpless members of our society or even acknowledge their existence. At least South Dakota has everyone's best interests in mind. If you do too, go out and get educated on the horrors going on behind closed doors. You may be surprised.

Eric Versluys

senior

mechanical engineering