Authors: Grant Meech

The CSU women's lacrosse team sent a message to the rest of their opponents Saturday in Boulder, by sending the Lindenwood Lions and the Air Force Falcons back home, with their tails and tail feathers between their legs. The Rams dominated the Lions 11-2, and shut out the Falcons, 16-0.

The Rams (5-1) started a little sluggish against Air Force, but assistant coach Whitney Lewis said that's when the Rams soared ahead of the Falcons.

"Air Force usually always gives us a good game," said Head Coach Jaime Whitlock. "We really proved ourselves today."

The varsity played the whole game against Air Force and the junior varsity played the second half against Lindenwood. The JV players were an asset to a team with so many starters out due to injury.

"(We have) a lot of starters injured," said Whitlock. "This is a big boost of confidence to our team."

Whitlock was extremely satisfied with the performance of her defense, especially goalie Brooke Lewis. "Our defense really played well today, especially Brooke."

But the coaches couldn't look past their high-powered offense. The Rams had four players, including Jen Gunlikson and Lindsay Brown, who had hat tricks in both games and the team combined for 27 goals on the day.

"The entire team played today," Whitlock said. "We have a lot of different people who can score."

The Rams are off for the next two weeks and will get back in full swing after Spring Break when they take on the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley.

Grant Meech can be reached at sports@collegian.com