Nice to meet you

Mr. Avila, meet your very first cat-dog: me. I am a Christian. I have also been hateful, slanderous and arrogant. I am a cat-dog. Let's have a discussion.

I chose these sins from twelve that applied to me in Galations 5:19-21 and 2 Corinthians 12:20. I'm trying to remove this plank in my eye. Would you like yours removed too before we move on to Mr. Steele?

Have you ever been an idolater? Slandered anyone? Stolen anything? If not, you would bleed ink. These sins are from Corinthians 6:9-11. "Homosexual offenders" is also listed there. By definition this includes Mr. Steele (See Romans 1:26-27). Where does that leave the three of us? As part of "the wicked [who] will not inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Cor. 6:9)

Now look at verse 11, "And that is what some of you were (emphasis mine). But you were washed…in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ."

As long as you, Mr. Steele, and I have asked Jesus to cleanse our sins and lead our lives, we're his!

If God brought individuals away from homosexuality during the early church, don't you think He's doing it now? What do you think would draw homosexuals to the church? Love? I think not. The church sets speed records driving homosexuals away, while the homosexual community embraces them – no questions asked. I ask you: Where will they go to find their identities?

Please ponder John 8:7 and John 13:31. If you were approaching Mr. Steele with love, I didn't feel it. I seriously doubt Mr. Steele did either. Part of my plank is out. How about you?

Mr. Steele, I'm encouraged by your continued faith. Keep seeking God. He loves you more than life, which you know. I love you, too. I hope you can love me back.

Lee Ann Rutherford

graduate student

civil engineering