Feb 202006
 
Authors: Collegian Staff

Students evacuated Summit Hall at approximately 7:10 a.m. Saturday after a frozen pipe burst, triggering a fire alarm.

The pipe broke on the third floor of the B-wing of Summit Hall, said Mary Ellen Sinnwell, director of Housing and Dining Services, directly affecting nine rooms. Sixteen students were relocated to other rooms in Summit and in other residence halls. The cold weather sent many students to neighboring residence halls where they stayed with friends or ate breakfast, Sinnwell said.

Facilities management is still inspecting the building and assessing the amount of damage that occurred to things such as carpet, dry wall and ceiling tiles. The pipe has been replaced, Sinnwell said.

"The departmental team responded to this (situation) in a really quick manner," said Sinnwell of Residence Life and other individuals who aided in evacuating students and beginning repairs on Summit Hall.

 Posted by at 5:00 pm

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.