The Homosexual Agenda

In an article in the Friday's "Collegian," Hailey McDonald voiced her discontent over the current inability of homosexuals to legally marry one another. She concludes, "If anything, I encourage people to become educated on the topic to avoid sheer ignorance. There are couples all around you on campus and in the community who are living with their natural rights suspended."

It seems a bit of a non sequitur to be talking about a "natural" right for homosexuals to marry since their relationships are anything but natural. A simple consideration of the anatomical incompatibilities between two homosexuals and their resulting inability to procreate is but one indicator of that.

I have been educating myself on this topic "to avoid sheer ignorance," as she says. What follows are some brief snippets of only a few of my findings so far, much of it coming from "What's Wrong With Same-Sex Marriage?" a book recently co-authored by D. James Kennedy and Jerry Newcombe. I certainly do not have the space here to address everything, so for now I'll focus on just a few areas.

First, if Christians know their Bibles, then they'll know that God opposes gay marriage. Ms. McDonald said, "A largely religious-conservative opinion of marriage views it as a religious pact between a man and a woman." To this I retort: "Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge." (Hebrews 13:4)" The main problem with her retort is a lack of knowledge of the Scriptures. How does God define marriage? Through the writers of the Bible, God defines it in Genesis 2:24, and he also states in Leviticus 20:13, Romans 1:26-28, and I Corinthians 6:9-10 what marriage is not, in no uncertain terms.

One of the problems with gay marriage is that homosexuals are, on average, far more promiscuous than heterosexuals. It is not uncommon for a homosexual to have dozens and sometimes as many as a hundred or more partners each year. One of the results of that promiscuity is a rampant spread of AIDS and STDs.

In the book "Getting It Straight,"

The Family Research Council said, "The high rates of HIV infection among homosexual men are largely due to two behavioral factors – the practice of anal intercourse, which facilitates the transfer of the virus far more easily than vaginal intercourse, and the practice of having sexual relations with multiple sex partners, which multiplies the opportunities for both acquiring and transmitting HIV." Other diseases like gay bowel syndrome, other STDs and more than 20 types of human papillomavirus are epidemic in the gay community.

Homosexuals also have higher rates of suicide and drug and alcohol abuse, as well as shockingly higher rates of domestic violence. Dr. Paul Cameron said "Domestic violence … is the third leading cause of injury and death in the homosexual community, behind AIDS and substance abuse. The rates of domestic violence among homosexual men exceed those among married people by a factor of at least five to seven times. Lesbians, somewhere around eight to 10 times."

If homosexuals are allowed to marry, imagine adding adopted children to this picture. Not only are those involved in homosexuality more prone to substance abuse and domestic violence, but the high tendency for multiple partners every year makes those relationships unstable to begin with. In the Netherlands, where homosexual marriage is already legal, the average 'marriage' between two men actually lasts only one to one-and-a-half years. During that time, men typically have eight other sexual partners per year.

Additionally, the life expectancy for gays, according to one study, is anywhere from 20 to 30 years shorter than for heterosexuals. Moreover, it has been shown in study after study that children need a mother and a father. Same-sex marriage will deprive them of one or the other.

And finally, Chuck Colson adds "Since the adults are already involved in perversion, how safe are those children from sexual abuse? Approximately 75 percent of homosexuals and lesbians were sexually molested as children. We know that early sexual abuse leads to all manner of emotional and physical trauma. To protect children from being adopted by gays is one of the foremost reasons for stopping homosexual marriages."

Jeff Lemke – concerned CSU staff member

Research associate

Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere