Okay CSU, what's going on at the now-infamous Morgan Library? I just came from the third floor, (no pun intended) and there was this burnout forty-something guy sleeping on three couches pushed together.

He wasn't wearing shoes and sitting on the table next to his head was a coffee cup and an open jar of peanut butter. A couple minutes later, I was getting some water from the fountain by the men's room and he walks up in his socks, tries the doorknob and then walks away grumbling because the door was locked.

This tells me one of two things: One, he's a transient and spends the better part of his days enjoying the heat and comfort of the university library, or two: His old lady just booted him out and he now spends the better part of his days enjoying the heat and comfort of the university library.

Either way, since when did the library become a homeless shelter? Also, the bathrooms need more attention.

Just prior to the shoeless guy encounter, I had used the third floor bathroom and it looked like a freakin' bomb went off in there. Half a roll of TP on the floor, urine all over the toilet, floor, walls, maybe even the ceiling.

Looking at the mess, I realized that if I stepped in dog crap, I wouldn't wipe my shoe off on the bathroom floor out of fear that I might step in something really nasty.

We got guys running around with needles hanging out of their arms, university technology fee subsidized perverts rubbing one off at the computers, transients milling around the third floor, what gives?

Jerome Santiago

forestry