Authors: Collegian Staff

The Board of Governors of the CSU System named the members of the Presidential Search Advisory Committee for CSU-Pueblo on Monday.

Eleven campus and community leaders will serve on the committee including Ed Haselden, Colorado State System Board of Governors, Municipal Court Judge Joe Ulibarri and other members of the Board of Governors, faculty, Pueblo community and student representatives.

Diane Evans, a member of the Colorado State System Board of Governors, will chair the search committee.

"I want to thank all the members of the search committee for their willingness to serve in this important role," said CSU Chancellor Larry Penley in a press release. "My expectation is that the search committee will move forward immediately to begin the search process, in recognition of the importance of this position to our System and the Pueblo community."

Penley asked the committee, assisted by the A.T. Kearney search firm, to name at least three candidates "with the vision and experience to lead the Pueblo campus," according to a press release.

The Board of Governors will make the final decision.

Current CSU-Pueblo President Ron Applbaum announced in October that after the completion of his four-year contract in July he plans to serve as a tenured professor of management at the university.