Rams Host Falcons at Home

Authors: Stacey Zynen

The CSU women's basketball team is hungry for a win, and with a perfect record in conference games against the Air Force Falcons and a 27-5 all-time series lead, they may just find it Thursday at Moby Arena. The Rams and the Falcons last met in the 2004-05 season in Colorado Springs at the Air Force Academy with a CSU victory of 63-42.

The Rams and the Falcons are presently tied for seventh in the Mountain West Conference standings, both teams are 1-6 in conference play. With both teams on a six-game losing streak, it will come down to the team who wants it more, head coach Jen Warden said.

"I don't think anybody is confident or safe in a game like this. We just have to go out like it's the last game of our career and play how we know we can," she said.

Sophomore forward Alecia Steele is the only player for the Falcons who is averaging double-digits in scoring with 10.3 points per game, as well as 6.8 rebounds. The next leading scorer is sophomore guard Pamela Findlay, with an average of 9.9 points per game.

With CSU coming off of a tough loss against BYU on Saturday where seniors Melissa Dennett, Lindsay Thomas and Vanessa Espinoza did not score double digits for the first time since their freshman year, the Rams will need to come into the game ready to execute their defense and play at the top of their game.

Espinoza sat out of the game against Brigham Young due to a concussion she received in the recent game against Wyoming, and it is undetermined whether or not she will play tonight.

With or without one of their senior leaders, after a week of tough practice, coach Warden feels like they have stepped up the intensity.

"We're going to be good against Air Force, we're ready to go," Warden said.

The game will start tonight at 7 p.m. in Moby Arena.