Authors: Brett Okamoto

Steelers: 24

Seahawks: 27

Two years ago an NFC playoff game between the Green Bay Packers and the Seattle Seahawks stood at a tie at the end of regulation. The captains of each team met in the middle of the field for the coin toss to decide who would get the ball first in overtime. After winning the toss, Seahawk quarterback Matt Hasselbeck boldly said, "We want the ball and we're gonna score." Four minutes later, Hasselbeck threw an interception that was returned for the game-winning touchdown. He's been my favorite player in the NFL ever since.

To be successful in the NFL you have to be cocky. Hasselbeck isn't a jerk; he was riding on adrenaline that game and expressed pure confidence in his team – exactly what great leaders do. Now two years later, Hasselbeck is Super Bowl MVP material and much more mature then he was that day at Lambeau. Not to mention he has a great D, an experienced coach and a running back worth more than 1,800 yards this season.

The Steelers are the hottest team in the NFL, but all good things must come to an end. Go Seahawks!

Authors: Stacey Zynen

Steelers: 35

Seahawks: 24

After finally accepting the fact that the Broncos didn't take the victory in the AFC championship game, I have come to realize that this is the year that Ben Roethlisberger will lead his team to victory. With all the right ingredients, the Steelers are brewing the recipe for a win. Big Ben knows what it will take to win the Super bowl after his undefeated season last year ended in the playoffs.

Nobody deserves a Super Bowl ring as much as head coach Bill Cowher, who has been coaching the Steelers since I can remember. Not to mention Jerome Bettis, who has been a solid player in Pittsburgh for the last 10 years and never had the chance to play in a Super Bowl (and what better time and place than in his hometown of Detroit). But we can't forget Seattle quarterback Matt Hasselbeck, who might be one of the most underrated players in the NFL, and will make Super Bowl XL both a good game and a close call. In the end though, sorry Mike Holmgren, this just isn't your year.

Authors: Trevor Edy

Steelers: 23

Seahawks 17

The Pittsburgh Steelers are going to run their extra-large running back (Jerome Bettis) right into his hometown, Detroit, Mich., and win Super Bowl XL. However, Bettis will not be able to do it on his own. Combined with the speedy back Willie Parker, two-year "veteran" Ben Rothlisberger (5-1 playoff record) and the Steelers' suffocating run- defense, the Steelers are unstoppable. The defense boasts the names of James Farrior and Ram alumni Clark Haggans and Joey Porter; one of the best linebacker crews in the nation.

The defense ended the season at No. 3 in rush defense and held our Denver Broncos to a disappointing 97 yards rushing in the AFC championship game just two weeks ago. The question is, will the 2005 MVP be able to withstand the hits of Bill Cowher's defense? The answer is no. After suffering from a mild concussion in the divisional championship game versus the Washington Redskins three weeks ago, Shaun Alexander will be reminded what smash mouth football is about.

The Steel City warriors are 4.5-point favorites on the spread and they will most likely cover it. But hey, look at the bright side: at least Broncos fans can say we lost to the champs. Super Bowl XLI: Denver Broncos (with or without T.O.)!