Authors: DREW GONZALES

Sometimes the difference between winning and losing is the smallest of margins. Such was the case for the men's indoor track team on Saturday, when they lost the Nebraska Triangular to the University of Nebraska by just half a point, 120.5-120.

Although it is difficult for a coach to ever see positive in losing, Coach Del Hessel was encouraged by his team's performance this weekend.

"We were vastly improved from last week," Hessel said. "Track is a team thing, and as a team, we came up a bit short. The team was disappointed but motivated."

There were great individual performances on both the men's and women's side, but juniors Janay Deloach and Drew Morano were the standouts, each with victories in two different events.

Junior Kevin Johnson broke his own school record in the heptathlon with 5,185 points, taking third in the process. Senior Jill McCormick won the women's weight throw for the third time in as many competitions, with a personal best throw of 66-8.5.

Senior Rob Watson and sophomore Logan Sherman finished first and second in the men's 5,000-meter run, respectively.

In the women's triple jump, senior Amanda Huddleston and junior Stacy Hancock took the top two spots. Also finishing back-to-back in first and second place was junior Danielle Korb and freshman Kristen Hemphill in the mile, and senior Nicole Feest and sophomore April Thomas in the 3,000-meters.

Sophomore Jeff Wahl completed CSU's domination of the 3,000-meter run, with a victory on the men's side. While freshman Kyle Keeler rounded up the Ram's individual success with a win in the 600-yard dash.

Next Friday and Saturday, the Rams will head to Colorado Springs to compete against in-state rivals the Air Force Academy and CU.