Authors: Stacey Zynen

In the first of two games this week, the CSU women's basketball team (7-9, 1-4 in Mountain West Conference) will be looking to lasso the Cowgirls of Wyoming tonight in Laramie.

This will be the 68th meeting between the two schools with CSU leading 40-27 in overall wins.

"This is going to be a tough team. They hustle, they're scrappy and they're a huge 3-point shooting team," said senior captain Melissa Dennett.

Dennett recorded her seventh double-double for the season on Saturday in the Rams' 73-63 loss against Texas Christian University. She is leading the team in scoring, averaging 15.3 points per game. She also leads the MWC in rebounding, averaging of 8.8 for the season.

"We went over a triangle offense to compete against their defense. We also had to work on our defense to shut down their 3-pointers," Dennett said.

The Cowgirls (12-4, 2-3 MWC) will be led by sophomore forward Hanna Zavecz, who is averaging 13.9 points and 6.2 rebounds a game. Two of their starting guards, Jodi Bolerjack and Megan McGuffey also contribute significantly, averaging 12 and eight points per game, respectively.

The last time the two teams met was in February of 2005 in Laramie. The Ramscame up 23 points short, losing by a final score of 68-45.

With a 1-5 record on the road, the CSU women are ready to claim a victory. And what better time than the Border War.

"It was a bad situation last year in Wyoming. We are kind of out for revenge, " Dennett said. "We really want to take this, we're hungry for a win.Tip-off is set for 7 p.m.