Authors: Ryan Skeels

The seemingly unending winter hiatus has finally come to an end, which means I am one semester away from finally graduating and attempting to live a school-free life for the first time in who knows how many years. It also means I only have a few more months of coercing Collegian readers into paying for bad horror flicks and cheesy, feel-good family movies. Cue canned cheering and drop the confetti folks, it's looking to be a sweet semester at the cinema.

If you haven't seen previews for Tommy Lee Jones' upcoming flick "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada," then you obviously aren't big enough of a movie nerd. The deal is that a man is shot and buried in the boonies just outside of Texas in an attempt to cover up the ordeal. His body, however, is found and reburied in the town cemetery. One of the local ranchers, played by Jones, doesn't like this play and takes matters into his own hands. He kidnaps a border patrolman, forces him to dig up the grave, and the two of them undergo a long and dangerous journey into the heart of Mexico. This flick looks too good to miss and will hopefully find its way onto a screen in town.

If you're really bored on Feb. 10 and wanted to help celebrate the 23rd year of my life with me, you may want to check the smallest screen at the Cinemark. I'll probably be in there cringing at the dialogue in the most anticipated movie of 2006, "Final Destination 3." That's right, apparently death is a bigger S.O.B. than you thought and is still stalking kids who escape its wrath in ridiculous situations, this time involving a massive roller coaster. Cheers.

For all you kiddies out there, just hold on for a little longer, March 31 is bringing gifts in the form of "Ice Age 2" for ya. It looks to be just as fun as the first one and is sure to bring just as many laughs, not to mention kick-ass animation. Maybe that squirrel will finally get his freakin' acorn.

For all you bookworms out there, we've got some good news, and we've got some bad news. The good news is "The Da Vinci Code" is finally a movie and it's going to star Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon and my personal favorite Audrey Tatou as Sophie Neveu. The bad news is you're going to have to wait until the weekend after finals week to see it. Bummer, huh? I just hope the movie takes a little longer to watch then the book took to read.

If video games have ever been your thing and you got your hands onto one called "Silent Hill" back in the high school days, you're probably going to be very happy and terrified to hear that come April 21, it will be on the big screen. This is hands-down the scariest game I've ever played in my life and my fingers are crossed that I'll be able to say the same thing of the movie.

Other fantastic releases to look forward to this semester include the creepy "Hard Candy," eye-rolling "Mission Impossible 3," the questionable "Superman Returns" and the big-talk horror of the year "Slither." Just make sure you don't walk into the wrong theatre, or you may find yourself face-to-face with "Doctor Doolittle 3."

Ryan Skeels can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com.