Authors: Stacey Zynen

The CSU women's basketball team will face in-state rival CU-Boulder tonight in Moby Arena. This will be the first time the Rams have played Colorado under head coach Jen Warden, who played for and graduated from Boulder.

"I feel really good. It's going to be all about the players and I really want it to be a memorable game, especially for the seniors," Warden said.

The Buffs have won the last three games between the two schools and lead the all-time series 27-9, but Warden and her team are confident that they will pull off a victory this year.

"Colorado is big and they have prolific scorers. Defense will be huge but we are ready to play extremely hard, we have prepared," Warden said.

On of the players Warden is referring to is Jackie McFarland, who has scored in double figures for the fourth game in a row.

Senior forwards Lindsey "L.T." Thompson and Melissa "Diesel" Dennett of the Rams will be looked at to lead the team under the basket. Both players have recorded double-doubles the last two games and both are expected to be the most prolific blocking duo in CSU history.

"We have really been working hard in practice and watching film so we can read how CU plays. They have some good shooters so defense and boxing out will be important," Thomas said.

This will be the first game away from home for CU who has a record of 2-2 so far this season. The Rams will use their home advantage to add another win to their 2-1 young season record.

Working in the Rams' favor will be the home court advantage, where the Rams have fared much better than in Boulder. Seven of their nine wins against the Buffs have come in Moby Arena.

"I wouldn't want another day of practice," Warden said. "We're ready."

The Rams play tonight in Moby Arena at 7 p.m.