Authors: Scott Bondy

Three senior volleyball players will compete in their final Mountain West Conference tournament during Fall Break.

Dre Downs, Tess Rogers and Casey Bauer will round out their college careers with an unsure feeling – can they place into the NCAA tournament again, or will the MWC tournament be the finale of their careers?

None of them have experienced ending the season with the MWC tourney before, considering the last time the Rams missed the NCAA's was in 1994.

As of late, the Rams have put together some impressive victories, playing with the kind of intensity that makes them a front-runner in the conference tourney. Considering the implications this tournament has, I expect nothing less from these seniors.

The Rams have beaten every team in their conference at least once, with the exception of New Mexico, whom they play tonight. The Lobos are 6-8 in conference and shouldn't be able to hang with the Rams.

The conference tournament should be up for the Rams to grab, because the top two teams in the conference, BYU and Utah, recently fell to them.

The Rams are currently third in the MWC standings with a conference record of 10-4. Two other teams (Utah and UNLV) have the same conference record as well.

If CSU wins the next two games, against New Mexico and Air Force, they will hold a No. 2 seed in the conference tournament because the Rams have the upper hand in the tiebreakers against Utah and UNLV.

For the last four years these three seniors have been a staple of Ram volleyball. They have given CSU great memories on the court and helped continue the excellence of the program. If all goes according to plan, they will go out with a bang.