Authors: Paul Baker

Every member of the Rams' volleyball team has said from the beginning of the season that they want their game to peak at the end. As the CSU season comes to a close that is exactly what is happening.

The Rams are coming off a sweep of BYU and Utah on the road for the fourth consecutive year.

"Casey (Bauer), Tess (Rogers) and Dre (Downs) have beaten those teams on the road every year that they have been here, and we wanted to do it again," junior libero Katherine Whitney said. "We're all peaking at the right time."

Whitney is coming off a great performance this weekend. So good, in fact, that the Mountain West Conference awarded her Player of the Week, the first of her career. Whitney tailed a career-high 27 digs against Utah on Saturday and recorded 20 digs and a career-high six service aces against BYU on Friday. Her back-to-back 20-dig performance was the first for a CSU player since Lindsey Kerr did it in 2002.

The Rams start a three-match home stand as they host TCU tonight. The last time these two teams met is not a game the Rams would like to remember. CSU held a two-game lead, and were three points away from a victory when the Horned Frogs came storming back. TCU scored three of the next four points to win the game and then won the remaining two games to take the match 3-2.

"We're a lot better team than the last time we played them," senior outside hitter Tess Rogers said. "This time we are playing at home, it will be a completely different match."

The Horned Frogs are led in kills and blocks by junior middle blocker Anna Vaughn who has 3.82 and 1.06 per game, respectively. Sophomore outside hitter Talaya Whitfield leads the team in digs with 4.38 per game, while freshman setter Nirelle Hampton has 9.91 assists per game.

TCU (15-15, 3-11) is a young team, much like the Rams, with only four seniors on the roster. They don't have quite as much to play for as the young Rams.

"The conference race isn't over just because we beat Utah and BYU," Rogers said. "We still have to come out and do it when it matters."

The Rams look to avenge their mid-season loss tonight. The match is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. in Moby Arena.

Last Game: Win over Utah 3-1

This Game: 7 p.m., Moby Arena, vs. TCU

Next Game: 7 p.m., Nov. 18, Moby Arena, vs. New Mexico