Authors: Melissa Edwards

Now that the College of Business is offering a minor, Rockwell Hall will be filled with more bustling students in a relatively small facility.

Set away from the rest of campus, the building many students call home will be forced to accommodate more students eager to enter the business world.

Currently, the business college has 1,962 undergraduates. It also has a reputation for strict admission requirements. For an incoming freshman to be considered for admission, he or she must have a 3.1 cumulative GPA and an SAT score of 1200 or and ACT score of 27. If a current student at CSU is transferring his or her major to business, or if a student is open-option seeking business, the student is required to have a 3.0 GPA with a minimum of 15 graded credits and must have completed MCC 141 and ECCC202 with a minimum grade of a "B-."

The College of Business faculty further appeals to many students seeking to study business at CSU.

Gage Krieger , senior finance-real estate major, said he chose CSU's business school partly because of the faculty.

"The faculty is great. The amount of effort they put in to improve the facility is great," he said. "Also, they have a willingness to help students, both inside and outside of the classroom."

Doug Hoffman , marketing professor, said the faculty works hard to earn a good reputation, both on campus as well as nationally.

"Students get a great education here. We have a fairly prominent faculty. We are very well regarded nationally. We have a lot of students, but the faculty is pretty accessible," Hoffman said. "Everybody's heart is in the right spot."

The College of Business is relatively small compared to the total CSU undergraduate enrollment of 20,720. However, the college still has a lot to offer students.

"It's a great environment," Hoffman said. "We offer lots of clubs, organizations and internships."

The College of Business also has many different fields of study. The most popular concentration is business administration. While business students seem focused on what is going on in Rockwell Hall, a business major also requires students to take classes in other colleges.

"Most companies that recruit are interested in well-rounded students," said Stanley Slater , a business administration professor. "We want our students to take classes beyond their specialized field of study. We encourage students to take as many hours outside of business as they do within the business school."

With the addition of the business minor, the appeal of the business school is becoming more noticeable within the CSU community. The faculty is excited about expanding the college, and with strict admission requirements, they seem to know what kind of students will succeed.

"We are viewed more as professional school," Hoffman said. "When students walk up the stairs to the College of Business, we want them to take it up a notch."