Authors: Scott Bondy

Two much-needed wins this weekend gave the Rams their fourth Utah road-trip sweep in as many years. The Rams (16-7 overall, 9-4 In the Mountain West) won in five games against the No. 16 ranked BYU Cougars (20-2, 11-2 in MWC) on Friday night, and followed it Saturday with a four game victory against the Utah Utes (18-7, 10-4). These victories are not only important because they are conference wins, but they give the Rams postseason hope. The Rams appeared to be in jeopardy of not making the NCAA tournament for the first time in ten years. The Rams will need to either win the MWC conference tournament to get in, or receive an at-large bid. These two victories put the Rams in a much better position to get a bid. Seniors Casey Bauer and Dre Downs led the Rams to victory Saturday night against the Utes. Bauer had 21 kills while Downs offered 9 blocks. The four game match was scored 30-24, 30-28, 32-34 and 30-21 in the Rams favor. Friday night, another CSU senior stepped up huge. Tess Rogers recorded a career-high 24 kills. The five game match was real close, much like the first time these two teams met earlier in the season. CSU took the first two games, but the Cougars fought back. The Rams pulled out a 17-15 victory in game five. The other four games were scored 30-28, 30-23 and 27-30.

Next up for the Rams is a three match home-stand against conference rivals TCU, New Mexico and Air Force. Tuesday night, CSU will host TCU at Moby at 7 p.m.