Authors: Katie Kelley

Rasta Pasta

200 Walnut Street

(970) 224-4323

Hours:

Lunch Menu

11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Dinner Menu

4 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Rasta Pasta has been serving up Fort Collins for almost seven years with some of the best authentic pasta in town. Each item on the menu is made from scratch with a culmination of fruits, vegetables, seasoning and noodles.

"Our vegetables are fresh – our noodles we cook every morning," said Arys Schubert, a server who has worked at Rasta Pasta for a year and two months. "It's all fresh and we throw it together in the end and come up with the dish."

For those feeling the need for a little spice in life, all of the dishes can be prepared on a scale of spiciness.

"We have an arrow system, all the meals come at nothing, even if they are a spicy meal," Schubert said. "One arrow up makes it hot, two arrows up makes it really hot and three arrows up makes it so spicy that if you eat the whole meal you get 20 percent off and your picture on the wall of flame."

If needing that extra special kick, spice up the spiciness on either The Natural Mystic (chicken, penne pasta, pineapple curry sauce), Rasta Pasta (jerk chicken, green onions, basil, tomatoes all in a garlic tomato sauce over penne pasta) or Spicy Jammin' (garden rotini, baby shrimp, basil, garlic, green onions and parsley).

"We have the jerk seasoning, which is the Jamaican spice with a bunch of different peppers, but then we also use habaneras to give it that extra kick," Schubert said.

If you're in the mood for some Caribbean-styled seafood, try either the Seafood Alfredo (diced clams, shrimp, crab, tomatoes and other herbs in a white wine creamy alfredo served over spaghetti) or the Seafood Marinara (a spicy marinara sauce with diced clams, shrimp, crab and green onion).

The ultimate two classics, and my personal favorites, are the Dreadlock Ravioli (ricotta cheese ravioli, spices, diced tomato, green onions, a garlic tomato sauce and the choice of either spicy sausage or chopped clams) and the Chicken Montego Bay (chicken, pineapple, fresh vegetables served in a white wine alfredo sauce over penne pasta).

"The Chicken Montego Bay is probably the most popular," Schubert said. "It's one of my favorites anyway."

Other items include the Tortellini Jamaica Mon (ricotta cheese tortelinni, spices, green onions, pineapples, grapes and bananas), Primavera (stir fried vegetables with tri-colored rotini and a white wine sauce), Spaghetti Pomodoro (spaghetti and traditional tomato sauce) and Spaghetti Knuckles (garlic, basil, green onions, garlic tomato sauce, spicy sausage over spaghetti noodles).

Each item on the menu can also be prepared as a vegetarian or vegan dish upon request.

All the dinner dishes served come with a fresh garden salad with the choice of the balsamic vinaigrette or sun-dried tomato dressings as well as garlic bread wedges to die for.

This restaurant will have you feeling as if you were beach side to a Jamaican jamboree complete with delicious dishes to please your taste buds.

"We're very mellow – we do get busy, but we still try to maintain an easygoing atmosphere," Schubert said.