Authors: Trevor Edy

December is fast approaching, and it is about that time again. The college football national championship and end of the year awards will be decided in less than a month. Always carrying much controversy, these issues were presented to CSU football players and here is what they had to say:

It was a unanimous decision on what team the Rams thought would win the Rose Bowl, it must be from the first-hand experience they received last year.

"I think it's going to be hard to beat USC, they've got so many weapons," said junior wide receiver Dustin Osborn regarding the two-time national champions. The Trojans are currently in first place in all polls around the country.

Sophomore defensive end Jesse Nading agrees.

"I can't go against USC; their offense is so good and they won it last year… I can't pick anyone else until they lose," Nading said.

Sophomore punter Jimmie Kaylor on the subject… "USC for sure, an overwhelming favorite."

Most of the players thought that someone in a crimson and gold jersey would get the Heisman trophy.

"You just have to respect what Reggie Bush has done, I think he gets it," said senior safety Miles Kochevar.

"I think Matt Lienhert will get it, but it may come down to his Heisman candidate vote; he is going to vote for Bush, so we will see," said sophomore defensive lineman Erik Sandie.

Junior Brandon Cathy swayed from the rest of players and went with Vince Young.

All the players who were interviewed stayed true to their own coach Sonny Lubick and said it was hard to choose anyone else, but when picking from the other eight coaches in the conference, this is what they had to say:

"Coach Lubick is the man, other than him, you have to look at TCU and what they have done…but my vote always goes to coach Lubick," Osborn said. Along with Osborn, Sandie had a tough time choosing against Lubick.

"Patterson has only been there for a couple years and has done a nice job with that program," Sandie said. TCU coach Gary Patterson is currently undefeated in conference play and is one of the leading candidates for Mountain West Coach of the Year.

"I don't want to say the TCU coach because we just lost to them, but it will most likely be him," Cathy said.

So be on the lookout for the bowl selections in a few weeks as well as the end of the season awards and see how the Rams picked them.